Here is the project that took so much time that I couldn't post anything for the past few days! It took more than 40 hours (and perhaps significantly more... because I didn't really keep track of time) over 3 weeks. What we had to do is cover a piece of illustration board completely in charcoal and erase out the white. It's also drawn from a photograph. This particular photo happens to be a still shot from a 1947 movie Brute Force (I haven't seen it, but now I'd like to!)
It's not as finished as I'd like it to be, but it was due and this is what I turned in!
Oh, and of course, it looks nicer in life, but I tried to tweak the levels a bit in photoshop to try to get the values a little closer to what they are.